Rob van den Sigtenhorst
Partner | Advocaat
Rob specialises in Banking & Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency (cross-border/international and Dutch law).
Rob was admitted to the bar in 2007. Before joining Florent, he worked at De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek. His major cases include:
- Wagenborg fleet restructuring (major Dutch shipping company),
- Oi Telecom restructuring (major Brazilian telecom provider),
- Grupo Isolux Corsán restructuring (global concessions, energy, construction and industrial services company),
- Almatis restructuring (Dutch based, globally operating specialty chemicals group, including U.S. Chapter 11 proceedings),
- Bankruptcy of a Dutch bank,
- Failure of a worldwide key supplier of a blue chip client (electronics),
- Imtech restructuring (Dutch based globally operating technical services provider),
- VION Food restructuring, including divestment of VION's Ingredients division.
Spending a year at Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York City, Rob gained further experience with U.S. bankruptcy and cross-border insolvency, working on cases like Patriot Coal, Kodak, Lehman, Elpida, and various other (Chapter 11, 15, other) cases. A secondment at ABN AMRO Bank allowed Rob to deepen his understanding of the client's perspective.
Clients appreciate Rob’s commitment and close involvement, understanding of their business and commercial drivers, and his hands-on, no-nonsense approach.
Rob is an author for a Dutch periodical on insolvency case law (Rechtspraak Insolventierecht) and a leading insolvency reference book (Tekst & Commentaar Insolventierecht). He is a member of INSOL International, INSOL, NACIIL, and INSOLAD.
Legal500 named Rob as a Next Generation Lawyer in 2017.
T +31 (0)20 30 35 995
M +31 (0)6 131 08 347
F +31 (0)20 30 35 999
Dutch Law, Leiden University. Grotius Academie, post-doctoral course in Insolvency Law (INSOLAD). Specialist course Financial Economy for Insolvency Lawyers (INSOLAD). Programme International, EP, Institut d'études politiques de Paris (Sciences Po)